Innovation Strategy: How to Leverage Turbomachinery Reverse Engineering
SoftInWay will be hosting its next free webinar on Thursday, November 12! This webinar will delve into the complicated world of reverse engineering and demonstrate the best methods and tools.
Reverse engineering of Turbomachinery is extremely important for the partial replacement of turbines or compressors that have operated for many years, especially for owners, operators, and non-OEM service providers.
Documentation for a significant amount of these machines is not available due to different reasons, thus replication/reproduction becomes costly and time consuming. In the owner/operator scenario, one of the options is to buy new, modern machinery (as a replacement), but this is often significantly more expensive than performing overhauls & optimization of the flowpath, while maintaining the casing and other components. For OEMs looking to study a competitor’s machine, things become even more complicated.
SoftInWay’s turbomachinery software platform, AxSTREAM, has a unique capabilities for extracting turbomachinery geometry and profiles from scanned data, thus streamlining the reverse engineering, benchmarking, duplication, and optimization process. Additionally, by leveraging the extensive experience of SoftInWay’s 60+ person engineering team, customers are able to benefit from our techniques and software for different types of overhaul, rerates, cycle changes, and other sophisticated projects.
The webinar will include:
- An introduction to the reverse engineering of turbomachinery including its origins and modern trends
- The significance of special software and specialized experience for reverse engineering of turbomachinery
- Information on how to leverage reverse engineering and modern software to improve existing turbomachinery performance
- Examples of reverse engineering-based improvement, innovation, and modification
Who should attend:
- Engineering professionals performing or involved in reverse engineering projects
- Engineering professionals working in the mechanical, aerospace, automotive, marine, or power generation industries seeking to renovate or improve existing turbomachinery equipment
- Engineering professionals working in turbomachinery operation who want to renovate or improve their equipment performance
- Engineering students looking for comprehensive and state-of-the-art approaches for turbomachinery reverse engineering
Register for this webinar by clicking the link below! Can’t attend? Register and we will make sure you receive a recording of the presentation.